Deployable Radiator: Q-Rad
Redwire Space’s Q-Rad is a high-performance deployable radiator assembly that provides additional heat rejection and can also serve as a dedicated cold-sink. Leveraging ultra-high thermal conductivity solid-state materials, Q-Rad is a compact, lightweight, modular, and passive thermal control solution for a wide range of demanding needs for spacelight applications.
Key features of the Q-Rad deployable radiator include:
- Deployment angles can be tailored to meet customer needs.
- The Q-Rad mounting panel, bolt pattern, and radiator size can be increased or decreased to fit specific heat rejection or thermal biasing requirements.
- The flexible hinge can be designed to either stow inside or along the outside of the hinge in the stowed configuration.
- Deployable hinge mechanism may be sold separately.
- Burn-wire hold and release mechanism may be sold separately.
- Hinge thermally isolated from radiator assembly
Q-Rad can be used across various applications for different mission types, including:
- Low Earth Orbit (LEO) missions
- Deep Space missions
- Planetary missions
Have a Question?
NEWS + EVENTS
Subscribe to our newsletter and keep pace with one of the most innovative and fastest growing space companies on and off Earth.