Multi-Use Variable-Gravity Platform (MVP)
Ask A Question
Each Multi-use Variable-gravity Platform (MVP) unit accommodates multiple experiment modules, which provide 2-levels of containment with standardized mechanical and electrical interfaces that may be accessed on orbit or controlled remotely or via a pre-programmed timeline. The MVP offers two independently controlled centrifuges (simultaneously providing 0-2 g each) as well as heating, cooling, humidity control, CO2 scrub, ethylene scrub and video observation (some experiment modules also include a microscope objective).
- Dual 390 mm rotors, simultaneous 0 – 2 g
- Twin independent self-balancing centrifuges: 0 – 2 g each
- Thermal control
- Humidity control
- Up to 12 experiment modules, each with video capability
- Experiment modules accommodate a wide variety of samples
- Cultured cells (recently-published paper citing MVP use)
- C. elegans
- Tissue Chips
- Rotors and experiment modules removable on orbit
Have a Question?
NEWS + EVENTS
Subscribe to our newsletter and keep pace with one of the most innovative and fastest growing space companies on and off Earth.